Biggest Loser Competition: Taking Off Pounds Across BJC
The Biggest Loser is a 12-week weight loss program offered at numerous BJC facilities for employees to improve their health status. Contact an Employee Wellness Committee member at your facility for more information about the program at your facility.
- Competition is 12 weeks
- Weigh-ins must be same day each week
- Weigh-in on official scales only
- $10 registration (cash only) due at first weigh-in
- $1 each time you miss a weigh-in or gain weight
The Biggest Loser wins 70 percent of all money collected. Second place wins 20 percent. Third place wins 10 percent.
The contest is about encouraging participants to lose weight in a healthy way -- through adequate exercise and proper diet -- and to incorporate healthier behaviors into their everyday lives.
BJC Biggest Loser competitions have been sponsored at these BJC HealthCare facilities:
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
- Boone Hospital Center
- Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital
- Parkland Health Center
These educational and motivational materials are used for each Biggest Loser program.
These Help for Your Health flyers are available to display in your workplace: