Schnucks participated in BJC's Help for Your Health initiative at the program's inception. Various coupons have been offered to employees through BJC Today. The partnership began in the summer of 2003, and coupons were offered through 2006.
To encourage everyone to eat a variety of fruits and vegetables every day, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Department of Health and Human Services and the National Cancer Institute launched a national effort called Fruits and Veggies -- More Matters, which provides information about the nutritional benefits of fruits and vegetables, information about serving sizes, and hundreds of recipes you can search by category of food or by ingredients -- by specifying a particular fruit or vegetable. Learn about 50 healthy foods that cost less than $1 per pound.
Go to Ask the Dietitian.
Go to Ask the Chef.
Get information on the Slow Food Movement in St. Louis and Slow Food Katy Trail in Columbia, which are part of an international, educational organization devoted to promoting fresh, local and sustainably produced food; biodiversity; and the preservation of food traditions, as well as celebrating the pleasures of the table.
These Help for Your Health flyers are available to display in your workplace:
Schnucks supermarkets have continuously promoted the health benefits of produce and partnered with BJC to offer employees various coupons for discounted produce items. These coupons have been offered periodically through BJC's employee newspaper, BJC Today.
The first offering in the July 23, 2003, issue of BJC Today was a coupon for a free 1-lb. bag of Fresh Express garden salad.
Other coupons have included:
- $2.50 off the purchase of Top Care Complete Multivitamins (300-count bottle) in the December 18, 2006, issue of BJC Today
- $1 off the purchase of any variety Fresh Express Complete Salad Kit in the September 25, 2006, issue of BJC Today
- $1 off the purchase of any variety Weight Watchers Smart Ones Dinner, Entree or Dessert in the June 19, 2006, issue of BJC Today
- $1 off the purchase of one 64-oz. carton of Schnucks Select Premium Orange Juice in the December 19, 2005, issue of BJC Today
- $10 in free groceries and a digital thermometer with any new or transferred prescription in the September 26, 2005, issue of BJC Today
- $2 off the purchase of one 6-count package of Healthy Choice novelties (any variety) in the June 20, 2005, issue of BJC Today
- $10 in free groceries and a digital thermometer with any new or transferred prescription in the March 21, 2005, issue of BJC Today
- $1 off any variety of Fresh Express bagged salad in the December 20, 2004, issue of BJC Today
- $1 off a case of Ice Mountain Natural Spring Water in the October 25, 2004, issue of BJC Today
- 50 cents off any Weight Watchers Smart Ones dinners, entrees or desserts in the July 26, 2004, issue of BJC Today
- A free 5-12-oz. bag of Fresh Express salad blends (all varieties) in the June 21, 2004, issue of BJC Today
- A free 1-lb. bag of Schnucks premium peeled baby carrots in the January 12, 2004, issue of BJC Today
- A free 2-lb. bag of Sunkist lemons in the December 22. 2003, issue of BJC Today
- A free 4.4-oz. tray of fresh imported blueberries in the December 8, 2003, issue of BJC Today
- A free 1-lb. tray of Driscoll strawberries in the August 18, 2003, issue of BJC Today